my app in the market

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

my app in the market

Postby delizondo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi!

I wasn't sure if this is the right place to put it, so you're free to move my post as long as I get an answer! LOL

I worked in the development of an app called Droits... The version that we uploaded to the market is called Droits Lite (go and check it out! pleaaase... you can go to droits.avantica.net/info/main.html for more info...).

The thing is... I'm certain the app is already available, cause I know there's people using it already... But, if I look it up in the market app in my phone, there are no results found... I've tried with "Droits", "Droits Lite", "Dr", "Lite", and every combination I could think of...

Any ideas why this might me happening?

Thanks a lot...
Dani
delizondo
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nmc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 am

Its there, maybe you can see it at AndroLib
nmc
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby delizondo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 pm

That's the thing!!! I know it's there, but if I search in the Market in my phone no results are found... Don't know why! :S
Dani
delizondo
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nmc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:49 pm

googles market doesnt offer all apps to every country (according to various blogs, even free apps arent available worldwide).
Maybe you should consider to also publish your work in alternative markets (AndAppStore, SlideME, ...)
nmc
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Emmanuel7 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:13 am

Indeed, avalaible applications depends on countries and carriers.
Some applications are filtered because the carriers don't want them on their phones.
In a lot of countries, Google has not done the checkout method set up yet, so paid applications are not avalaible.
Quite often also, protected applications are not present, for 'some' reasons that I can't imagine...
Emmanuel7
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to General