Lost R file

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Lost R file

Postby kdiddy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 am

Hi,

I upgraded my app to android 1.5 and seemed to have lost the R file...I mean it didn't auto generate in the new gen folder that was created. Does anyone know how I can get the R to auto generate?

K
Diddy
kdiddy
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Sowmya » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 pm

I too had this problem ,
Right click the project in eclipse and click the option "Build Project" which would generate the R.java file..
Or else create the folder of the the same package structure and copy an R.java file and change the package and then click the option "Build Project"

Hope this works for you..
Sowmya
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby ch.stammler » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 am

This soltution is not working for me. I use an KUbuntu AMD64 with Eclipse 3.4 and SDK 1.5r3. The problem seems to be that the "gen" -folder is empty. Even an manually build cant fill it. So it seems to be thet the generating process is not working propperly. The problem is: I dont know why?
ch.stammler
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby mad.dogg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:11 pm

I've had this problem lots of times with different SDK versions. Sometimes it is just enough to build the project, you can also delete the R file if you have any (may be that is confusing it), anyway as a last resort (I've done this a few times) create New Project and copy the contents of the old one in the new.
If it's boring it ain't heavy enough!
mad.dogg
Developer
Developer

Return to General