Land of Tetris

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Land of Tetris

Postby blundell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Don't think many people read the promote your app forum :-)

Just asking has any1 else received this offer from Russia yet?
promote-your-android-application-f22/port-your-app-to-mother-russia-t17272.html

We've all had the korean one but Russia is new territory!
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Land of Tetris

Postby software2 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 am

I wouldn't take the offer very seriously. A search for "playfon" on the Russian Google yields a top result of Playfon's cheap dating site (nsfw images) for phones. That's their top result. Not their main corporate page, or any other relevant information.

They appear to be a legitimate company, but they have little to show in the smartphone market. Their portal system is designed for platforms without a centralized marketplace, and frankly, I'd expect the Android Marketplace to perform far better on Android devices, even in Russia. Since they also want an APK that can install off the marketplace, you're going to lose that mode of security, and you'll have to trust that they pay you the right amount.
software2
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Land of Tetris

Postby software2 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:19 am

Oh, their main site doesn't even mention any Android applications, or that they're even looking to enter the Android market. I can't believe that they're looking to grab random apps from the English world before they've even ported their portal system (PlayBox) to Android with their basic suite of apps. I'd be extremely wary of that mail you got.
software2
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General