Is AppsLib.com Legitimate?

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Is AppsLib.com Legitimate?

Postby Matt M » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:13 am

Hello all,

I just received a confirmation e-mail from AppsLib.com thanking me for submitting my application. Oddly enough I never submitted my app, let alone heard of the website. It also sent me my username and password, so I logged in and according to the personal info someone from China apparently created this for me (no thank you). I've since then changed the password but I am not so quick to e-mail them in rage.

Is this site legitimate? Is it possible someone heard of my application and wanted to be able to use it but did not have access to it through the market? (from what I understand there are certain countries that do not have market access?)

Basically, is this site for real, or a hoax?

Thank you!

Matt.
Matt M
Developer
Developer

Re: Is AppsLib.com Legitimate?

Postby Ath » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

Or maybe someone made a typo when entering the e-mail address, so it ended up in your mailbox?

Looking at the site it's mostly a complaint on current Google Market not being accessible for all Android phones, (but imho that's just crap) and also there are supposed to be a lot of useless apps in the Market, but what's going to be on AppsLib? probably the same crap...

If you didn't register there, I'd just toss it, and maybe even end the account, if possible.
/Ath
Ath
Developer
Developer

Re: Is AppsLib.com Legitimate?

Postby stealthcopter » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Same thing happened to me, and they even spelt the title of my applications wrong...

I am going to allow them to distribute my free apps as this doesn't hurt me at all but I will steer clear of them for my paid apps. I have sent them an email asking how they can sign me up without consent.
stealthcopter
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General