I have an amazing idea for game, but need a "mentor"

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

I have an amazing idea for game, but need a "mentor"

Postby joe40001 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 am

Ok, I'm no push over when it comes to coding I've coded. in C/C++/Java/Python/php/etc... but I've learned that it's always prudent to ask people for guidance when starting in a direction that is new to you and so that is what I'm doing here.

If anybody could simply kind of walk me through the basics of getting started for making a game and answer some of my basic questions not only would you receive acknowledgement in my game but also potential financial reimbursement (no promises yet).

It's pretty basic, I want to code a 2d game, I know the story, the mechanics, the look, everything I'm simply suffering from interface writers block, that is I don't have it sitting in front of me going, ok this is something that works now change it so that it works in the way you want. This is mainly what I need. So anybody can message me or respond to this post basically, once I get to the point where I have code that makes a program that places an image on the screen and then moves it around on key press (up down left right) or I would suppose using "virtual keys" that are just part of the touch screen from there I could make my whole elaborate game, but it's the getting started in a new coding territory that is always the difficult part for me.
joe40001
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: I have an amazing idea for game, but need a "mentor"

Postby blundell » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 am

This is good for the basics of game development:

http://www.rbgrn.net/content/54-getting-started-android-game-development

The main loop is always the first obstacle (moving the characters/screen while still allowing more input), once you have that implemented the world is your oyster
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to General