How to Edit Canon XF105 Files in Final Cut Pro

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

How to Edit Canon XF105 Files in Final Cut Pro

Postby katherin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 am

“I recorded some video clips with my Canon XF105 camcorder, the videos are of great quality, however, such vivid videos cannot be opened in FCP, when I try to import such MXF files into FCP, the program just could not recognize, so, how can I solve this problem? Thanks.”

Well, this is a common problem, though FCP boasts to supported MXF files, but not all MXF or all the time. Canon MXF is special and not supported by FCP or iMovie, so, if you want to edit Canon XF105 MXF files in FCP , iMovie, you need to convert them to ProRes MOV first.You can use iOrgsoft AVCHD Converter for Mac to do so. Below is a solution to convert Canon XF105 MXF to ProRes MOV for FCP with iOrgsoft AVCHD Converter for Mac.

1. Load MXF files
After install and run the AVCHD Converter Mac, hit the “Add Files” button to load MXF file from you camcorder. Mac users can also drag them to it.

2. Choose output format
This AVCHD Converter Mac has optimized Apple ProRes MOV for FCP, FCE, and iMovie, you just need to choose the target application as output format, for example, now you just need to select “Final Cut Pro”->”Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)”.

3. Convert Canon XF105 MXF to FCP
At last, hit the “Convert” button to transcode Canon XF105 to MOV for FCP. When finish converting, you can import Canon XF105 MXF footage to FCP to edit then.

You can check out how to transfer xavc to sony vegas if it is necessary.

More about this Converter for Mac;
This program is a all-in-one video converter that can perfectly convert from and to virtually any format such as AVCHD, MTS, MOD, MOV, MPG, MKV,AVI,MP4, WMV and so on.

More help:
How to edit XAVC video
MXF Converter for Mac
Sony xdcam video converter
katherin
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to General