Game API

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Game API

Postby BrutoJPO » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi guys, I'm developing an Android game using this API:SporkSoft

Well, I'm doing this for my conclusion work at university, and until now every thing was fine, but now I'm undersdanting that this API won't work 100%, and the really bad thing is that the guy that recommended me to use this is the only one here in Brazil that undertands something about Android and games.

I'm really in a big problem now, because a have a few time to complete this work and the API elements won't work at all.

I'm developing a Beat'em Up game, and I want to ask if someone know about an API (engine) for this type of game, or other API for 2D side scrolling game.

I really need help, in my country the people will take money from you in any way....

John Peter
BrutoJPO
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Emmanuel7 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 am

If you can use a GPL licence, I think Rokon engine is quite complete.
The author has released a good game with it, and that's a very good proof of engine viability.

Rokon
Emmanuel7
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby BrutoJPO » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:03 am

First of all, thank you very much Emmanuel7 you don't have idea what i'm passing trough, it's a really bad situation you wanna do something cool but the tecnology is still too new and the people here don't help me, I don't have orientation from any of my teachers ( because they don't know this area ) and the guy that know android in Brazil.. well... no comentaries...

One question: What I have to do to have a GPL license? Ins't it free, because of the GNU?

I really can do, the animation of a character and collision with this engine?( If more people agree with that I will have certain off that )

God Bless you, Thanks again

John Peter
BrutoJPO
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby BrutoJPO » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:10 pm

I have seen the engine and about the license, but the engine won't work in my eclipse, I found a few errors in the package: android.hardware.sensor, I can't find this because it isn't in the file that I downloaded. I think the engine developer didn't finish this part yet.

John Peter
BrutoJPO
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General