Gambling apps

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Gambling apps

Postby Nilzor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 pm

What's the rules on gambling-apps at the Market? Can one release applications that has a "bank system" that allows people to deposit money, play for money and win money through Google Market? Have anyone done it?

If one could, I'd guess large betting sites like Betfair and Unibet would have implemented such type of apps by now. I searched and found none, so that leads me to believe it's not allowed (I'm to lazy to dig into the submission guidelines right now).

That said (and now I'm taking on my consumer hat), which of the large betting/poker sites do have good apps for Android right now?
Nilzor
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Gambling apps

Postby Nilzor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:40 am

Ok I've done some more research. Seems I'm right about gamlbing apps not allowed in the market. Full Tilt has made a rush poker app (haven't tried it), and here they describe what happened when they tried to publish it on the market.
Nilzor
Freshman
Freshman

Postby stece » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:59 pm

You could publish the app on other app distribution websites such as AppBrain, Amazon, etc etc

Or you could make your own website which you promote where people can download the application and install it on their device.

(The users have to enable applications from third parties though!)
stece
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby eswari » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:00 pm

I used to use the Bet-fair App on my Iphone, until i was told about Ibet Mate , which is far superior in features than the Betfair Offering..
eswari
Developer
Developer

Return to General