Edit AVCHD MTS with FCP/iMovie/Adobe Premiere Pro

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Edit AVCHD MTS with FCP/iMovie/Adobe Premiere Pro

Postby katherin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 am

“I purchased a Sony A77 camera lately, couple of days ago i'd christening service of my twins too a celebration and shooting many mts videos, I would like to import recording mts videos to iMovie for editing on mac. And then, share these to my loved ones and buddies, however I find that to import mts into imovie appears impossible for me. I had been serarching in Sony forum, and someone said that I need an mts video converter and convert them to mov for working on my iMovie.”

Sony A77 is an excellent camera that can record and output high-quality AVCHD video that looks great in your High definition tv at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. It can benefit you record your beautiful reminiscences clearly and strongly. But when you need to edit Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD 1080p MTS/M2TS in iMovie, you'll consult problem since iMovie cannot support AVCHD files unless of course you import them from your Sony SLT-A77 and also the files are needed to become recorded at 24/25 fps.

To make iMovie edit A77 MTS files, you need a third part app to convert the convert mts to prores mov first. To do the job, iOrgsoft Mac MTS Converter is your ideal choice. This program can perfectly convert A77 AVCHD MTS footage to MOV for iMovie and FCP to edit.

Free download the Mac MTS Converter, it is safe and clean, and will do no harm to your Mac at all.The passage below will demonstrate how to convert Sony A77 MTS to MOV on Mac
Step 1. Add Sony A77 AVCHD videos to the MTS Converter Mac
Install and run the MTS Converter Mac, click Add files button to import videos to the program,, or just drag and drop the video clips to the converter directly.

Step 2. Select output video format compatible with iMovie/FCP
There are presets for iMovie and FCP, you just need to go the corresponding column to select the target format. Similarly, you can import mts to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Step 3. Convert A77 AVCHD to MOV
Finally, hit “Convert” to start converting A77 AVCHD MTS footage to Apple ProRes mov, when the conversion is finished, you can import the generated files to iMovie, or FCP to edit then.

More about the converter,
This MTS converter can also convert MTS to other formats,such as convert mts to avi, besides, you can also import WMV to iMovie.
katherin
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to General