Doubt in basic application of Android

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Doubt in basic application of Android

Postby harshadha » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:23 am

Hai,

Iam very new to Android,i know Java and iam working in it currently.I got various links and got sample application and started working on it.
But iam having problem in the following issues: i will be pleased if anyone helps me in solving this issues:

1.Iam using Eclipse and Emulator for running the application.But whatever application i run iam getting error in the "R.layout.id.pw",its telling that it cant be recognised there.
When i browsed they asked me to change the XML file but i cant do that.
What is the link between our java code and XML.can you tell me what may be the reason for me for getting errors in all?
That too i tried running the Sample application like notepad,Skeleton from the SDK,in all places wherever we refer
the R.java (i.e R.layout ,like that)iam getting Error
2.I have been asked to simulate a call from the application to the Emulator? Is it possible.I saw the code in the "Dial" in the link over here
but i cant simulate it.
3.Some places it mentioned like the tools app,in the console we have to type the command for to make a call or message?Are we have to install that .
Are we will be having it when we install the SDK?

Thanks in Advance for Spending your precious time.

Thanks & Regards,
Lavanya S.R
harshadha
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Doubt in basic application of Android

Postby cabernet1976 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 am

1.Iam using Eclipse and Emulator for running the application.But whatever application i run iam getting error in the "R.layout.id.pw",its telling that it cant be recognised there.
When i browsed they asked me to change the XML file but i cant do that.
What is the link between our java code and XML.can you tell me what may be the reason for me for getting errors in all?

That too i tried running the Sample application like notepad,Skeleton from the SDK,in all places wherever we refer
the R.java (i.e R.layout ,like that)iam getting Error

:arrow: R.java is managed by Android plugin for Eclipse, its content is generated automatically, so don't touch it. You may modify layout in xml file, e.g. layout.xml
BTW. You'd better import the project to try it.

2.I have been asked to simulate a call from the application to the Emulator? Is it possible.I saw the code in the "Dial" in the link over here
but i cant simulate it.
3.Some places it mentioned like the tools app,in the console we have to type the command for to make a call or message?Are we have to install that .
Are we will be having it when we install the SDK?

:arrow: You may read Android Emulator document: http://code.google.com/android/referenc ... #telephony
Upload2Flickr's blog: http://upload2flickr.blogspot.com
cabernet1976
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to General