Developing for up and coming android tablets

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Developing for up and coming android tablets

Postby Grofit » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:19 am

Hello,

From what i hear there will be a wave of android based tablets hitting stores soon, and i have a few small apps in mind that i want to make, but they would mainly be focused on the larger screens.

Was just wondering if there is anything in the SDK as it stands or any emulator targets that can help emulate the tablets, so i can see how it would look on the screen?

The apps would mainly be centered around lots of form style data with a few images...

It may just be a case of me just targetting the largest display on the emulators and just working off that, but just wanted to ask incase there was some general approach in place for targetting these devices rather than the phones..
Grofit
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Developing for up and coming android tablets

Postby orhanc1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:24 pm

If the iPad is anything to go by, it'll be "Just Android but bigger." Not that it's a bad thing but not exactly a huge leap in technology...

As always, this is my very humble 2 cents.
orhanc1
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby blundell » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am

Why use the iPad as an example there are hundred's of tablets out there with varying hardware and peripheral's. Apple are just the marketing sluts of the computer world.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Grofit » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Yeah im expecting the same, however it appears that they will all be running Gingerbread so they can take advantage of higher resolutions...

Currently if i put the emulator to 1024x768 or similar large resolution alot of the menus and other elements seem to not appear. So wasnt sure if there was any gingerbread emulator or some other fancy pants way of being able to emulate the tablets...
Grofit
Freshman
Freshman

Return to General