Concept for an app to write an exam

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Concept for an app to write an exam

Postby ragnar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Board.

I have to write a concept to find out if it would be possible to have an app that could be used by students to write their exams. It would be only multiple choice questions.

But I am worried about the home and back buttons that are on the screens. The exam has a fix duration and the user must not be able to exit the app by anytime.

what approach would you use? is there a way to lock the buttons and password protect them?

we would only use one device. a tablet with an 10" screen. The app is private and won't be available on the market...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Ragnar
ragnar
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Concept for an app to write an exam

Postby TylerBetable » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Cool idea, but would teachers really want people taking quizzes on their phones? I feel like you've got to make sure teachers would be willing to buy your product and use your product before you set out and make this. Interview a few teachers and administrators first before moving forward with this
Hey, my name is Tyler and I work for Betable - we make it so you can add real-money gambling to Android games.
TylerBetable
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Concept for an app to write an exam

Postby jonbonazza » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:05 pm

The back button can be eassily overridden, however the only way to override the home button is if your app is a launcher replacement. It would be interesting, however, to make a launcher replacement with limited capabilities (in other words, make your app the launcher and thus the only thing that can be run--excluding notifications of course).

Ideally, you would want to use a PMP running android such as the Samsung Galaxy Player and then load them with your home-replacement app. This would limit the device radios to wifi only, thus eliminating the chance of SMS/Voicemail notifications and voice calls, as well as save you or your administration from pricey voice/data plans.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to General