calendar and gmail apps

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

calendar and gmail apps

Postby carmex » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm contemplating buying a G1 and I've been doing a bit of research into the calendar and gmail apps for android, but I've yet to find an answer to a question I have about the apps. Like the web versions, are these applications "online-only"? Meaning, each time I load the calendar app does it go out to google's servers and retrieve all my entries, or does it actually sync and store the data locally? If I'm somewhere without cell coverage, can I still use my calendar app, add entires and have them synced up later when I return to civilization?
carmex
Freshman
Freshman

Postby carmex » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Well, to answer my own question (I couldn't resist and got a G1 =) the apps work offline quite nicely. Calendar doesn't seem to flinch at all. You can add new events and view any that were already there. Both the email apps also work offline to some degree. My inbox popped right up, showing all the emails it already knew about. I could even click on and view emails that I had already read, but unread emails would not come up. I was also able to compose messages in both email apps and have them automatically sent out when service was re-established. Overall I'm quite pleased!
carmex
Freshman
Freshman

Postby kali » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 pm

hai friend
would you tell me how to access calender from one application?
please help!!!
kali
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to General