Avoiding Apple's and Google's 30% cut within in-app purchase

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Avoiding Apple's and Google's 30% cut within in-app purchase

Postby sorniels » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 am

Hi all,

Don't all developers want to know if they can actually avoid Apple's and Android's 30% cut of all in-app purchases? Well I'm writing a project looking into this matter comparing in-app purchases vs external payment systems in apps. There are some different variables that comes in play, when studying whether it can boost the revenue to implement an external payment system.

One of the variables are the user perception of security. For that I created a very quick survey, that I really hope you will help me answer, for making my assumptions as close to reality as possible.

The survey can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... c6MQ#gid=0

I will of course present my findings afterwards, so I hope that all of you developers are as interested in this matter as I am.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a great site,

Søren Nielsen
IT University of Copenhagen
sorniels
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Avoiding Apple's and Google's 30% cut within in-app purc

Postby Brynnae » Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 am

I had given a review and its really very good survey. I think in-app would be better option to pay, because if you pay within the apps than you might be at risk as you don't know whether the page is secures by SSL or not. So I think in-app would be better.
Learn more about Magento Development and services at www.spinxwebdesign.com/magento-development/
Brynnae
Developer
Developer

Return to General