Any other developers got this from Zii...??

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Any other developers got this from Zii...??

Postby nkonstas » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 am

Hi I'm new to android development and have only released a game so far.

Today I received the following email from Zii (appdeveloper@zii.com):

Anyone knows a bit more about it? Any thoughts? Should I ignore it..?

Here's the license:

Application License Agreement: Terms & Conditions

By clicking on the "I/We Agree" button, you grant the rights to Zii Pte. Ltd. ("Zii") and anyone authorized by Zii, to use your software application ("App") and any derivative thereof. In addition, you also grant to Zii the right to distribute your App and to sublicense the rights to use your App with the services and software that we offer, including, but not limited to, services and software created by or on behalf of Zii. Zii's rights are subject to including an attribution statement identifying you, and any co-owner(s) that you identify to us, as the copyright owner(s) of the App.

This grant of rights to us is irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, sublicenseable and transferable. You will retain ownership of the App. Your grant also includes (a) the copyright; (b) reproduction rights; and (c) adaptation and derivative rights. Just as we are respectful of your rights in the App, we wish to ensure that we will not need to seek additional permission to use the App from any third party. You represent and warrant that you are the sole owner of the App, unless you have named co-owner(s), and have all rights to grant the licenses herein to Zii. This means that you created the App and did not copy them from another source. It also means you have received all permissions from anyone else that may have rights to the App to allow the grant of licenses stated herein to Zii. Finally, it also means that you have not prevented yourself, or otherwise been prevented by any third party, from granting the rights to Zii as described herein. You also represent and warrant that the App does not contain any material that violates any rights, including copyright, of anyone else. You agree that if any of these representations or warranties made above are untrue, in whole or in part, that you will fully indemnify and hold Zii harmless from any liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising out of or in connection with any claim or suit based upon the allegations, which if true, would be a breach of the representations above. Zii will use reasonable endeavours to add an appropriate attribution identifying you, and any co-owner(s) that you name, as the copyright owner(s) of the App. Our agreement with you is governed by Singapore law, excluding any principle or provision that would substitute the law of any other jurisdiction. Any action regarding our agreement shall be brought in a court in Singapore, and in no other jurisdiction, and you consent to venue and jurisdiction in and service of process from such court.

Please click the "Yes, list my app" button to indicate your agreement to the above.

Should you require further information or have any questions, please contact us at: appdeveloper@zii.com

Thanks,
Nikos.
nkonstas
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Any other developers got this from Zii...??

Postby Gorrell » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 am

Just ignore it!!
hell!
Gorrell
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Any other developers got this from Zii...??

Postby blundell » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah I got it, how can they use your app if they don't have the apk... *ignored*
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to General