Android Stats

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Android Stats

Postby plokol » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi,
Do you know where I can find Android statistics? I'd like to get information how many G1 were sold and stats from Android Market. I know androidstats.com but there are no overall stats.

Thanks in advance
plokol
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Android Stats

Postby mako » Sun May 03, 2009 6:54 am

plokol wrote:Hi,
Do you know where I can find Android statistics? I'd like to get information how many G1 were sold and stats from Android Market. I know androidstats.com but there are no overall stats.

Thanks in advance

Have you found anything? Of course there was news that over 1 million phones have been sold in the USA.

Recently I upgraded to the new SDK which made me wonder how many 1.0 users there are out there, I tried to find info about this - but no success. Just to see if people started to complain I released a new version of my app for 1.1 or higher and after 500 d/ls (most of them upgrades) nobody complains, meaning there are not that many 1.0-ers left. On the other hand, only 1.1 or higher shows if there is an upgrade to the user. So this might not be the best way to tell.

Another interesting stat would about geography and local languages.

One way of getting stats would be to include an information gatherer in apps and have it send information to a server.

I just found some very general stats from Admob: http://metrics.admob.com/, they are interpreted for Android . IPhone is still up there!
mako
Freshman
Freshman

Return to General