Android Paid Apps - Stop Pirating

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Android Paid Apps - Stop Pirating

Postby blundell » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 am

Here you go guys google have finally come around and allowed you to check if your application was bought legitimately

http://developer.android.com/guide/publ ... nsing.html

Android Market offers a licensing service that lets you enforce licensing policies for paid applications that you publish through Android Market. With Android Market Licensing, your applications can query Android Market at run time to obtain their licensing status for the current user, then allow or disallow further use as appropriate.

You basically just install a google library and query the market to see if the application is a legit install

It's good because it gives you the option to revert to an 'unlicensed' version or allow it to be used for a certain time before enforcing the license.

You can also vary how often it checks for the license so as to not annoy your faithful users to much!

Hopefully the simple tut for integration will be up here soon :idea: looking at you plusminus :lol:

Overview:
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Android Paid Apps - Stop Pirating

Postby orhanc1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Yes you hero! I've been wondering how much I would lose once I started really selling myself but you really saved the day with the good news!
orhanc1
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to General