ADC 2 Submissions?

General topics about the Android-Platform itself.
Coding issues please to the subforum right below.

Postby metachris » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I submitted MyMarket to Productivity/Tools. It's a customizable overlay for the Android market which allows you to bookmark, recommend, remove, filter and preview items.

PS: I've just updated the list of submissions mentioned in the Google Groups thread, and added categories where I could find them. Please let me know if I missed any or if you know of more to add!
metachris
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Shaka » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:12 pm

CBS_Haggs wrote:Hey Shaka, how was your OpenGL experience?

Hi!

Excuse my english, I'm from Sweden :P

Actually, things went pretty well, though the game has only been tested on the emulator since I can't afford an Android phone atm. I wrote a MD2 model loader and used milkshape 3D for modelling, and I believe that was the biggest challenge, I had / have a problem loading the textures though, can't seem to get the texture coordinates quite right :P
I'd read about a couple of the problems you could face when developing for Android using OpenGL (like problems with direct buffers) so I could work around those from scratch. I've previously only been developing using XNA and some DirectX so getting used to OpenGL took some time, but now I feel fairly comfortable using it, though for my next project I think I'll be using the canvas drawing.
So if you want to try OpenGL ES out, go ahead, but I would recommend having a phone to test things out on since the emulator can be painfully slow :P
Shaka
Developer
Developer

Fish!

Postby Beowolve » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Beowolve
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Frederick » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm

We submitted HotelsByMe - our hotel search and reservation app. Here's a quick blurb:

HotelsByMe is a complete full service native Android application that will allow you to find and book hotel properties worldwide from your Android device. The property searches will return real-time availability and rates, while the booking process is secure and fast. We are a Hotels.com / Expedia Affiliate Network partner giving you access to the best hotel inventory worldwide and great customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

http://www.hotelsbyme.com/hotelsbyme-an ... tions.html

Frederick
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby CBS_Haggs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:32 pm

We just published a video of our ProjectINF submission in action / arcade for ADC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3f77EMWPg
CBS_Haggs
Freshman
Freshman

Previous

Return to General