About the Job
Mobile Innovations Team in global business
Open to International Applicants.
Are you a Senior Android Developer and want to experiment and work with innovative products? Imagine the freedom of a start up but with the security and perks of a global organization, this is it!
The world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals are looking for a Senior Android Developer. They combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a Senior Android Developer working in an agile team, you will collaboratively, conceptualize, design, document, create, debug and test connected mobile applications for mobile devices (Android).
Our aim is to provide a truly unique, integrated and real-time experience for the end-user across a wide range of applications and devices covering a wide range of business verticals.
Due to the nature of the team and the position, the Senior Android Developer will be given great independence in your work so essential self-management skills are a must.
The Senior Android Developer will be placed within the corporate mobile team and will require agility and vision more traditionally attributed to early stage startups. To give you a sense of the atmosphere and the group you will be joining, we have included a brief outline below.
You will be working for and with other engineers all the way up to the C level, people who have spent time in the trenches and may even have built a few things you use. Our technical hierarchy is simple and there is minimal overhead associated with navigating it. Engineering appropriateness and the best compromise, when required, will always win out on 'politics'.
We strive to create a team where our boldness of vision is not tempered by a distant board or early stage cash crunches. For those of you looking at this from a startup background, we feel you.
If you enjoy exploring your limits as an Android Developer or have never worked in a place where you could say the preceding with a straight face, we encourage you to apply.
· Proven experience on Android development on different OS versions (2.3 and above)
· Hands on experience of interactive application development paradigms (good knowledge of layout widgets, animations, navigation stacks), memory limitations and considerations, concurrency, networking and data persistence.
· Proven experience in designing, developing and debugging connected applications with Web Services/Content providers
· Advanced ability to convert complex requirements and abstract concepts into working designs and software applications
· Experience in the full software development lifecycle
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Strong ability to evaluate alternatives and understand business implications and impact
· Experience working in an agile development team
· Proactive and self-motivated
· Excellent communicator
· Experience collaborating with customers/clients is a plus
· Experience in UI design and UX
· OO design and data modelling skills
· Experience with version control systems (git, subversion)
· Knowledge and experience in Java
· Experience with the XML family of technologies, primarily XPath 2.0, XSL Transformation and XML Schema.
· Experience with JSON or Google Protocol Buffers
· Proven experience on getting Android apps on the market through multiple stores (Google Play, Amazon Appstore, etc.) and understanding of their pros and cons
If you are interested in this position, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statistics: Posted by buerolersch — Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 pm