soft keys with Dell Streak keyboard

soft keys with Dell Streak keyboard

Postby onesixtyfourth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I have been working through some tuts for android, notepad/list type tuts, and I have come across a problem. The tut I am following works ok and I can get it onto the Dell Streak I have for testing it on but I can't seem to press enter to ok an action. I have just tried the notepad tut from the android site and have noticed that the notes are confirmed in the same way. I haven't put this one on my device yet but I suspect I will have the same problem. Basically it seems that the Streak does not support the "soft keys" in the same way that normal phones do. On the emulator entering the note is done by clicking on the center key on the dpad but the enter key of the software keyboard does not work in the same way and places the cursor onto a new line as you would expect.

Is this a correct observation and is there a way I can react to default soft keys on the Dell Streak or do I just have to change the code a little bit to react to some other key press.
onesixtyfourth
Freshman
Freshman

Re: soft keys with Dell Streak keyboard

Postby cbhattarai » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

You know from last few weeks i am also search for some of the major problems on Android Device, so that i can get out with some solution...

I you know any let me know..
cbhattarai
Developer
Developer

Re: soft keys with Dell Streak keyboard

Postby pokemon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 am

[quote="cbhattarai"]Hi,

You know from last few weeks i am also search for some of the major problems on Android Device, so that i can get out with some solution...

I you know any let me know..[/quote

Any updates on this im having problems too :(

------------------------------------

Pokemon Cards
Pokemon Card Values
Rare Pokemon Cards
pokemon
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Dell Devices