virtual labels with GPS and sensor (augmented reality)

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

virtual labels with GPS and sensor (augmented reality)

Postby gutyka » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Do anyone know any specific calculation aids to achieve this? I know that I have to convert GPS coordinates to cartesian coordinates and I have to use the orientation data for calculating the visibility of the displayed label, but how all of this come together :) Any help would be appreciated.
gutyka
Freshman
Freshman

Postby gutyka » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Nobody has any idea? :roll:
gutyka
Freshman
Freshman

Postby SoAG » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:11 am

Hi

I'm having the same problem. Did you find any solution?
SoAG
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby eyurdakul » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:05 am

wel i don't know how others have solved this problem, i am able to calculate the x, y and z coordinates of the object with a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC. There are two 90° triangles, one horizontal and one vertical. The horizontal ones hypothenus is the distance and the angle is bearing-azimuth. in the second triangle, the distance becomes the straight bottom line. Again, you have pitch here instead of azimuth, hypothenus is unknown but you know the bottom line which is distance. Once you have the straight sides of these two triangles, you have the x, y and z.

I have achieved this goal, and drawing objects on camera preview with opengl is ok too. I bond also the opengl model with orientation sensor. What i want to make is drawing a model somewhere in the world with gps soords, and go there and watch every details of this model even from 10cm. But translate doesn't work as i expected.
eyurdakul
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Creative Corner