Tron

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Tron

Postby dconrado » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 pm

The idea is to build the Tron game (Light Cycles). The game makes the use of your phone’s GPS in order to track your real movements through the outdoor.

Light Cycles from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(arcade_game)

This game is well known and associated with the Tron franchise. The player must guide a blue Light Cycle in an arena, while avoiding the walls and trails (walls of light) created by his/her Light Cycle and that of his/her opponent. The player must maneuver quickly to force opponents to run into walls. The enemy cycles have a fixed behavior pattern for each level and the player can find a pattern which will defeat them every time on this level. The Light Cycle colors from the film are reversed in the game, where the player drives the blue cycle and the enemy the yellow cycle. In the film, the protagonists' cycles are yellow, orange, and red, and the enemies' are blue.

If someone is interesting on work in the development of this game or has some feed back I will thankful.
dconrado
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby Piwaï » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

I like this idea :-) .

It would be actually fun to have real players playing live in big areas (like cities)... Not to be played with a car though, since it could be dangerous.

I see quite well how to do the Android client, but have not much ideas about the server side, which should handle recording the games and prevent cheating...
Piwaï
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Creative Corner