Some App Ideas

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Some App Ideas

Postby vengeance_mj » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 am

Hi guys,
I am caught in a limbo since my bonehead boss wants me to come up with some unique and interesting Android app.
His idea is a generic porting application which can port from any device (iPhone, Android, BREW, etc..) to the other device. I find this ridiculous since it will atleast take 1-2 yrs to develop and has a lot of complications.
I searched around and found some ideas on the Android Forums board as well. So credits to some of the people who have requested the application over there as well.

Here are a few ideas which come to my mind. Please let me know if there already exists an app which does the thing or is it something which people would like to see and takes around 1-2 months to atleast come up with the beta version.

1. Game Level Designer : Allows users to generate worlds or maps for a game. Does it have to be game specific?
2. Data Structures App: An application which demonstrates data structure concepts like stacks, queues, sorting graphically
3. 3 D Tic Tac Toe: This app i think is already there, but is kinda rubbish on the market. So, this might be released as a FREE app.
4. Unravel game at mindjolt games: It is a game where you are given some set of spheres and intersecting lines. You must come up with a simple polygon by moving the spheres around.
5. Morning wake-up call: Waking up a person in the morning by setting up a time and keep on calling up till he picks up the phone. [ I do not have a clue as to how the voicemail part will be handled]
6. Ringtone auto-volume: An app which senses the ambient sound and sets the ringtone volume accordingly.
7. Ebooks and magazines reader using Google Speech API

If you do have any other ideas or some pointers or queries regarding these ones let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
vengeance_mj
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Some App Ideas

Postby chris24300 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 pm

#2 sounds like a great idea. very useful for high school and college students.

#5, first off I haven't looked at the phone API but i assume you could spawn a background thread with a timer of ~20 sec then trigger you to end call and call again until he/she answers the phone.

#7, do you mean to have the text spoken to the reader? Sounds like another good idea, would be great if you could HTTP GET from websites and have that spoken also.

Chris
chris24300
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby guest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm

regarding the wake up thing, make them dial a certain number - that would trigger the app that they woke up

Postby aspic » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Many nice ideas here! For the tic tac toe game, it could really have been sprited ut by giving some online function. Well, every board game would have been more fun with online function (and that would somewhat justify to take payment for that game). Is there any specific board game you definitely would buy if it could be played online, with ranking and so on? I see that chess already have some games with that kind of functionality.
aspic
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby vengeance_mj » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Well, I am just developing these appz for fun right now. If anyone wishes to help me he is most welcome.
vengeance_mj
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby BenjaminJC » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 pm

"His idea is a generic porting application which can port from any device (iPhone, Android, BREW, etc..) to the other device. I find this ridiculous since it will atleast take 1-2 yrs to develop and has a lot of complications."

Airplay?
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Creative Corner