I am caught in a limbo since my bonehead boss wants me to come up with some unique and interesting Android app.
His idea is a generic porting application which can port from any device (iPhone, Android, BREW, etc..) to the other device. I find this ridiculous since it will atleast take 1-2 yrs to develop and has a lot of complications.
I searched around and found some ideas on the Android Forums board as well. So credits to some of the people who have requested the application over there as well.
Here are a few ideas which come to my mind. Please let me know if there already exists an app which does the thing or is it something which people would like to see and takes around 1-2 months to atleast come up with the beta version.
1. Game Level Designer : Allows users to generate worlds or maps for a game. Does it have to be game specific?
2. Data Structures App: An application which demonstrates data structure concepts like stacks, queues, sorting graphically
3. 3 D Tic Tac Toe: This app i think is already there, but is kinda rubbish on the market. So, this might be released as a FREE app.
4. Unravel game at mindjolt games: It is a game where you are given some set of spheres and intersecting lines. You must come up with a simple polygon by moving the spheres around.
5. Morning wake-up call: Waking up a person in the morning by setting up a time and keep on calling up till he picks up the phone. [ I do not have a clue as to how the voicemail part will be handled]
6. Ringtone auto-volume: An app which senses the ambient sound and sets the ringtone volume accordingly.
7. Ebooks and magazines reader using Google Speech API
If you do have any other ideas or some pointers or queries regarding these ones let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.