Send file through WIFl, share it on phone share it on computer amaze your friends or avoid cables...have fun!
I have been using this workaround and sharing files through WIFI without connecting to a router. I hope this is helpful to all.
I have tested this on Tmobile G1 and a Dev phone.
What you need???
- An Android Phone
- WIFI Tether for Root Users - link android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
- SDCard WIFI Access - Available on market
What others need?
A Phone with WIFI
Computer with WIFI
This is how you do it.
- Start WIFI Tether and ask the other person to connect to the Adhoc connection.
- This person should show connected to your phone now.
- Open the app SD Card WIFI Access, this will show you two IP addresses. One would be an IP for the Mobile Network and another for your phone. Provide the phone IP address (should be example 192.168.xxx.xxx:8180)
- Ask the person to type the IP address in the browser and ensure they put the port number 8180
- If you followed the steps correctly the person will now see your SD card contents on their phone or the computer browser.
A click on any file will send the file to their phone at >1MBPS
Hope this help.
Will post screen shots soon.