Some time ago I wrote a guide to send files through WIFI from your android phone located here post32954.html#p32954
Now you can send the files via WIFI with or without ROOT, yes you do not need to be root if you are using this method.
I did not invent any of these tools, I just found it and they worked for me. Here is a step by step guide how to use it on Nexus One (2.2) or any device running Froyo build with WIFI hotspot feature.
- Start WIFI HotSopt on your phone and ask the other person to connect to the Adhoc connection.
- This person should show connected to your phone now.
- Download and Open the app SD Card WIFI Access can be downloaded from Android Market, this will show you two IP addresses. One would be an IP for the Mobile Network and another for your phone. Provide the phone IP address (should be example 192.168.xxx.xxx:8180)
- Ask the person to type the IP address in the browser and ensure they put the port number 8180
- If you followed the steps correctly the person will now see your SD card contents on their phone or the computer browser.
A click on any file will send the file to their phone at >1MBPS
There are other apps similar to SD Card WIFI Access on market but I use this one as its simple.
Hope this helps.