Playstation Controller?

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Playstation Controller?

Postby xMemphisx » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:19 am

(Assuming the bluetooth apis are ever released) Would it be possible to pair with a playstation 3 and use a phone to control the it? Not for games, but for simple things like menu navigation or a DVD/Streaming Video remote? :)
xMemphisx
Developer
Developer

Postby plusminus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Wii controller (using accelerometer) would be also great (or maybe just a nunchuck because phones will be lacking infraRed).

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Playstation Controller?

Postby TuxBobble » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

xMemphisx wrote:(Assuming the bluetooth apis are ever released) Would it be possible to pair with a playstation 3 and use a phone to control the it? Not for games, but for simple things like menu navigation or a DVD/Streaming Video remote? :)

Yea. I've thought about that as well, honestly. I don't like having to connect my DualShock and keep it next to me when I'm lying down watching a movie, since I don't play games from the same location I watch DVD's/streaming video from.
TuxBobble
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby wahaneebelly » Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 am

There wouldn't be any point in a connecting a controller to a 3000 or earlier model psp as there is nothing wrong with the controls on any of the psp models anyway.No doubt after a few months of the machine being released a Third Party Company could bring out there own version of the PS3 controller to have DualShock, like they did with the current 3rd party wireless controllers.
[url=http://www.zoombits.co.uk/memory-cards/micro-sd]16gb micro sd cards[/url]
wahaneebelly
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Playstation Controller?

Postby Trip » Sun May 23, 2010 10:20 pm

support for xbox wouldnt go a miss

this could be made easier by fist programming a windows based joypad java interface for android

then making it work with xbox ps3 wii etc ;)
Trip
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Creative Corner