Looking for ideas

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Looking for ideas

Postby ptdave20 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

I am a developer that has experience in OpenGL/ES, SMS, SQL, Live Wallpapers, etc...

Looking for ideas for more applications to develop. Anything is appreciated.
ptdave20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Looking for ideas

Postby blundell » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:04 am

A live wallpaper that is a dinosaur claw ripping through the screen then his eye pops through the gap :-D maybe in a retro jurassica park style
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby BenjaminJC » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 am

A universal password manager that uses an algorithm based off of your Android ID to CREATE passwords for various websites etc. that you need. It uses a universal password to access the PW-Gen algorithm.

Basically, it's allows you to have 1 password that works on every website, while complying with every single website's different password requirements (because you actually have tons of passwords that are all generated by the algorithm, which your universal PW is merely "unlocking" the algorithm for and then inputting in the background).

This also makes simply knowing your 1 PW useless for hackers on other phones or computers - because they don't know the algorithm, and therefore can't generate the REAL passwords the app uses to log you in.
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby ptdave20 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I appreciate both ideas given. I'll look into the actual coding on the password idea. Not entirely sure a password can be fed into another browser on android off the top of my head.

Thanks, and anymore ideas are appreciated.
ptdave20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby blundell » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 pm

It can

:P

z0mg what about the dino!
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby BenjaminJC » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 am

The password idea is worth it :D. Unlike contemporary password programs that are used on computers, where you type in your passwords and it "memorizes" them, all cached on a master account, this one erases the need to even generate them yourself (which allows for more security, because your access to all the separate sites is not tied not simply to a few re-used PWs, or a master-PW-attached-to-a-cloud-account, but a master PW attached to the physical phone itself, using a phone-ID-based algorithm to generate the other passwords.

Someone could brute force (or even guess) my master PW, and know my account name. On cloud software, this would be horrible - they'd have access to everything. However, with this system, they'd have 0 access to anything - the account is tied to the phone, so they wouldn't be able to access anything, and they'd know a "useless" password rather than the actual ones generated for site access.
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby blundell » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 am

Unless they make an image of your phone ;-)
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby n_peacock » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Blundell is right. But the idea stands I think. The likely hood of someone stealing or imaging your phone for the average user it's probably worth the risk.

@Blundell, you say that a device can directly feed into a browser. I can get that and that this would generate the password according to your master password + the unique phone Id + being dependant of what actual page you're trying to get into. But I wouldnt be entirely sure that every page allows a mobile page version to directly feed data into field on a secure webpage. Or is that not true?

But either way, I think it's a good idea!
iOS and Google Android Developer.
EMEA Mobile Applications Recruitment Executive
n_peacock
Freshman
Freshman

Postby blundell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah I'm not a web expert but you can spoof most pages, trouble is most the time its an individual hack for each one you would have to come up with some design patterns to catch most webpages.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby n_peacock » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

And if you want to be able to market an app like this you dont want to be doing that sort of thing.

but i guess with some trial and error you can see what sort of sites allow direct input from a mobile device?
iOS and Google Android Developer.
EMEA Mobile Applications Recruitment Executive
n_peacock
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Charles Elena » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

Look for new ideas for design at Charles Elena Design Studio Melbourne, Australia. Feel a unique and new look for your site.
Charles Elena
Developer
Developer

Postby blundell » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 am

Hmmm that is so close to spam my ban finger is twitching, I will resist for now.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby BenjaminJC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Dear lord that's a brilliant integration of spam via a barely-on-topic segue.

My compliments
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby ptdave20 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Charles, get your own topic pls.
ptdave20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby codeHAMMER » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:33 pm

I have an idea, a simple sms spy program. Runs as a service and as sms come in they are saved until the phone is inactive and sends all to a specified number. Or just appends them to a file along with images. I would write it myself but I would not know where to begin. Most of the spy type software is mega expensive. Besides I don't need all that control just simple.

-cH
Color Logic v1.2 Free Game
codeHAMMER
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Next

Return to Creative Corner