Idea for bachelor thesis?

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Idea for bachelor thesis?

Postby MoBo12 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to write my bachlor thesis about an Android app. My application should use a new innovativ technology, but I don't know what kind of technology it should use? Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Regards Moe
MoBo12
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Idea for bachelor thesis?

Postby blundell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am

Isn't it supposed to be an iterative process?

So you've defined you want to use android, so you investigate android capabilites, you then identify you want to use connectivity. You investigate how people currently connect there phones. You notice people are least connected whilst out an about, maybe eating. You could home in on the new wireless networks in mcdonalds, subway and then say how connectivity could allow user's in the queue to feel they are more involved. McDonalds Games, customer multiplayer, allowing people to see what is out of stock, ordering they're food in advance, advance payment, discount. After meal services, ratings. You can then make a survey to see whats popular idea, choose one of these and relate it back to the connectivity you first described and go for it with a test app.

Et voila - one bachelor thesis :-)
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: Idea for bachelor thesis?

Postby BenjaminJC » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 am

Google Goggles, of course.

You can discuss the pioneering (and sometimes Orwellian) technology of image recognition software, and the leaps and bounds it is taking and has taken over the past few years.

Predict where it will be in the future.

Postulate on it's social consequences: Will women "goggle" the guys they meat on blind dates to make sure they don't have criminal records? Will job interviews feature a database scan just from seeing you? Will projected advertisements be targeted at you based on your demographic results from a quick facial scan?

Etc.

Of course, you could always talk about *cough* social integration companies *cough* and how they are changing society through the android and other mobile devices *cough*points-to-sig*sneeze*

: D
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Creative Corner