Edit Panasonic AC160/AC130 AVCHD in Premiere Pro

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

Edit Panasonic AC160/AC130 AVCHD in Premiere Pro

Postby jssqmaty » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 am

Are you a Panasonic AG-AC160 or AC130 use? If so, you may be troubled with its HD recordings. From googling, I found many users want to know how to successfully get videos from the Handheld Camcorders to Adobe Premiere Pro for editing. (The cameras capture AVCHD video to two SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots as 1080p30, 1080i60, filmic 1080p24, and 720p60.) They met the incompatible errors when they tried to import the AVCHD .mts/.m2ts files into Premiere Pro. Did you?

As we all know, the AVCHD is not a good video editing codec and it can't be recognized well with almost video editing softwares, including Adobe PP though Panasonic promised the AC160 can work with Adobe Premiere Pro. To help users to solve the Panasonic AC160/AC130 AVCHD to Adobe Premere Pro incompatible importing problem, in the post, I will share an easy solution with you. It is to convert AVCHD to a native format before transferring to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS5.5/CS6 with a AVCHD Converter.

Have you got one perfect AVCHD convert tool? If not, you can download the Brorsoft AVCHD to Premiere Pro Converter on your computer. It is professional and easy-to-use MTS/M2TS/M2TS video with AVCHD codec converter. I found it from facebook. I have been using it for a long time. With it, I can convert any AVCHD file to a compatible editing format for Adobe PP and I never meet any importing trouble. In a word, no headaches, no worries and no need for any unnecessary steps.

Image Image

If you have installed the third party software, please follow the bellow simple steps to get the AVCHD Adobe Premiere Pro covnersion experience.

Step 1: Connect your Panasonic AC160/AC130 to computer or insert SD cards in to computer. Run the tool and import your .mts, .m2ts, m2t files to it.

Step 2: Hit the Format box and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg), WMV(VC-1)(.wmv) or "MOV(AVC)(*.mov)" as output format on the drop-down menu.

Tips:
1) If you are Mac users, you'd better choose the MOV, then you can directly play the converted videos on your Mac;
2) To get files with 5.1 channels, you have to MPEG-2 or MOV;

Step 3: Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality. For example, if your resourse file is 1080p, you'd better video size as 1920*1080 and Frame Rate as 30fpsor 29.97fps.

Note: If you want to get the MTS files converted with 5.1 channels, please change the video codec from mp2 to ac3 and then you can get the 5.1 channels, since the mp2 codec can not work with 5.1 channels.

Step 4: Click the arrow button to start converting Panasonic AC160/AC130 AVCHD to Premiere Pro with best settings immediately. The conversion just take you a short time.

As long as the AVCHD covnersion ends, you can click "open" to see the converted file, then you are able to directly copy or drag and drop Panasonic AC160/AC130 AVCHD footages to Adobe PP CS3/CS4/CS5/CS5.5/CS6 for further editing.

Related guide:

Change 1080 60p/50p AVCHD for Adobe Premiere

Convert Sony NEX-6 MTS to Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Mac

Import/Edit Sony NEX-FS700 MTS recordings in Adobe Premiere Pro
jssqmaty
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Creative Corner