cross-promotion for indie developers

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

cross-promotion for indie developers

Postby xdebugx » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

I'm looking for a site/service/forum that gets small developers together so that they can cross promote each others apps. If no one knows of such a service; lets start one here with this topic.

I was thinking developers could share maybe Ad-mob house ads or something similar. Only problem I see with the house ad's trading is that how to confirm the other developer is actually sharing at the same rate you are. I guess you would need to match up apps with similar amount of active installs and set a similar house ad percentage rate.

If anyone wants to start cross-promoting email me about your apps. My apps are games, you can find them on the market. Search for Otto's Toy Chest, TetraGomy and Party Light. My total ad-mob impressions for all my apps for last month is ~330k (this is ads, not house-ads). xdebugx at gmail.com Thanks!
xdebugx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: cross-promotion for indie developers

Postby BenjaminJC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:18 am

I believe such a service (via twitter) was spawned on TouchArcade. It's predominantly iOS, though.
Scoreloop
Get in the loop.
BenjaminJC
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby xdebugx » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Yeah it seems to be mostly Ios, are there any android developers interested?
xdebugx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby sfx4ever » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 am

xdebugx, there are an error in your Spanish translation in the title of Otto's Toy Chest. Google has translated Chest as "pecho" which is in spanish the front part of the human body (stomach), and sound awful in spanish. The correct translation is: "El cofre de juguetes de Otto"
sfx4ever
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby xdebugx » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

sfx4ever wrote:xdebugx, there are an error in your Spanish translation in the title of Otto's Toy Chest. Google has translated Chest as "pecho" which is in spanish the front part of the human body (stomach), and sound awful in spanish. The correct translation is: "El cofre de juguetes de Otto"

Hey man, thanks!
xdebugx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby turskagames » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm

This is something I've been looking for! Do you have some kind of cross promotion going on already? If yes, I'd really like to join. I have currently 2 games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sheep.free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... itter.free

You can contact me also via email: turskagames@gmail.com
turskagames
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Creative Corner