BlueRemote Car - Door locks and ignition

Your ideas for any killerapplication that comes to your mind ;)

BlueRemote Car - Door locks and ignition

Postby Wiseman20 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Hey guys just wanted to spit out my next project basically for myself. I have a 1968 Ford Mustang that I am in the process of creating a remote start/door control system for.

I am going to be using an Arduino Microcontroller with a bluetooth module to pair with my phone. I will be able to connect and send commands via a SPP socket to do as commanded. Viper has a similar systerm and idk who else for the iPhone and I am unsure if they have it for Android, but it should be a fun networking program. I have already connected the modules together and been able to pair my laptop to it so I think all that is left is to get some leds to turn on via my phone.

I currently have a Python alarm system so I am not sure what I am going to do about this, I wonder if there is a way to tap into a line to activate and deactivate the system.

So my ideas:
Unlock/Lock via pushbutton on phone
Pushbutton ignition system in car, activated by bluetooth connection (only if doors are unlocked?)
Door lock activated by disconnect
Unlock Door activated by bluetooth pair (this would be my phone only), this could be sketchy because of how close i live to my car

Give me some feedback about some cool features you might want to see
Last edited by Wiseman20 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseman20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: aCar - Door locks and ignition

Postby blundell » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:54 am

Would be cool if you could shake your phone to start the engine :-) or maybe turn it like your revving a motorbike acc :-) or do the Zorro sign in mid-air... ok i'm gettin carried away!
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Wiseman20 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:02 am

oh your just getting started haha. The shake would be cool. The learning curve is steep, ive learned java but have only written one Android app.
Wiseman20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Armond » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 am

As a developer I wish you good luck :-) But I'm not sure it's a good idea to name your app aCar.

It's my application name and is used to track the records and expenses of your vehicles:
http://www.androlib.com/android.applica ... -zACt.aspx

Cheers,
Armond
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Wiseman20 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 am

I changed it, Haha but I was not going to name it that, just a joke from the Apple Parody (Android - a) idk. Once I am able to establish the connection I dont think I will be under a lot of pressure. My laptop already pairs with it so I just need to take a look at the Bluetooth API.

This is a personal App there is to much hardware to be able to push it on the market, plus trying to do this on any modern car would be a big pain
Wiseman20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby orhanc1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Armond wrote:It's my application name
Cheers,

Man.. Android devs have piss poor creativity when picking names XD
Same thing happened with me :P
orhanc1
Junior Developer
Junior Developer