pseudocode help

Quickly share your Android Code Snippets here...

pseudocode help

Postby nin2246 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I am making a game and I understand what I need done. But I really don't know how to do so. So I would like to ask what do you think would be the best way?

First part is, the whole object is to take care of a pet feed it clothe it and so on.... But I don't really know how to organize it or implement some things. How would some of you go about starting something like this?
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Re: pseudocode help

Postby BUKsAPPs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

You should break down your game into all the little parts. What are all of the possible objects and all the actions. Develop a flowchart of everything that can take place in the game, or perhaps build a board game version of your game with all of the desired rules. This will make clear what needs to happen in your game - and be useful for you to use to explain to others what your game is about. Based on the description that you gave, we can't really help you with specifics because we don't know enough about the rules or actions of your game.

BUKsAPPs
http://buksweb.com/
BUKsAPPs
Claustrum Lite - Area capture game
R:P:S Academy - play Rock/Paper/Scissors online
BUKsAPPs
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Re: pseudocode help

Postby nin2246 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Basically like a Face Book game. Have a pet feed it, gain experience, gain money every X amount of second/ or minutes based on happiness. Level up based on X amount of experience. Gain new items that will do better things (More: Happiness, Hunger, Experience...ETC) Play with the pet, Frisbee, walk him/ or her... ETC. Just things like that. Have it load up your old game and save it. Have a interface overlay on the background(Pet house) that will display EXP, Happiness, hunger, and money. With the menu button displaying store, and all of the buttons.
nin2246
Developer
Developer

Return to Code Snippets for Android