H.264 to AIC Codec-Encoding Canon G1X H.264 MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie
Canon G1X is one of the hottest cameras which released at the spring of this year, it's the main competitor to Nikon and Sony latest digital cameras, such as P7000 and NEX series. G1X not only gives us high quality images, but also give us vivid full 1080P HD videos. Canon's HD recording technology is excellent, so it's great for us to use G1X to record HD videos when we travel.
But, you may encounter some problems when you want to edit Canon G1X H.264 MOV videos in iMovie on Mac. The reason is Canon G1X recorded videos are in H.264 MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie and other editing software, iMovie best Compatible Codec is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so if you want to edit Canon G1X H.264 MOV video in iMovie smoothly, you'd better convert Canon G1X H.264 MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie, you can follow the steps below to transcode G1X to iMovie AIC format, then you won't have any editing problems in iMovie.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, this Mac H.264 to AIC Codec Converter can help you convert G1X MOV to AIC codec for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as MKV/AVI/MP4/Apple ProRes, etc.
2. Run the professional Mac Canon MOV to iMovie Converter, import G1X MOV footages to this best AIC Converter for iMovie.
3. Click and choose the best output format, for editing G1X MOV in iMovie, you click and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it's the best format for iMovie and Final Cut Express.
4. You can click settings button to customize output parameters as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc. it's good to keep the parameters as original.
5. Edit function is available to use in this G1X MOV iMovie Converter; you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the Canon Powershot G1X MOV video.
6. Click "Convert" button to start, H.264 to AIC Converter will help you convert videos in a short time, and then you can import Canon G1X video to iMovie freely.
Canon Cameras/Camcorders Related:
[*] Transfer H.264 MOV taken on Canon 5D Mark III to FCP X
[*]Create a movie in iMovie from MOV files shot on a Canon Rebel T4i (650D)
[*]Upload Canon EOS 600D (T3i) MOV videos to FCP
[*]Insert Canon 550D (T2i).mov files to FCP
[*]Burn Canon DSLR camera recorded MOV clips to a DVD disc
[*]Encode Canon video to MP4 for viewing on Galaxy Note 10.1
[*] Best workflow for Canon 1080i AVCHD on Windows or Mac
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is an all-in-one bluray ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Ripper, and Video Converter for Mac. can convert 1080p cameras/camcorders footages to editable HD video formats for non-linear editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc. The HD footage can be compressed to SD video clips for storage when you wanna save storage space. The Mac iMedia Converter is also able to extract audios from Blu-ray discs, DVDs and videos for media players with high quality and fast conversion speed.
Buy One Get Another Free? Yes, just join Pavtube's Special Offer to get the promotion.
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.