"Car Home"-like launcher menu for your own app

Quickly share your Android Code Snippets here...

"Car Home"-like launcher menu for your own app

Postby kaktus621 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi!

Although I'm pretty new into Android development, I think I've just made a class that is worth sharing as others might want to use it, too.

What I've done is creating a very simple interface that almost looks like Google's "Car Home" app. You have 6 large buttons that you can alter with your own texts and icons. To use the class, the only thing you have to do is extend your own activity from it and override two or three basic methods. It is also possible to change the text/icon on runtime which might come in handy.

A video on youtube demonstrates the basic behaviour of the class that I've made. Instructions on how to use it are in the attached zip file or on my blog (see signature).

As this is one of the first things I've made for the Android platform, I would really appreciate if you'd take a look at it and tell me your opinions. Thank you!
Attachments
LauncherActivity.1.0.zip
(85.4 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
kaktus621
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: "Car Home"-like launcher menu for your own app

Postby Mike.Adams » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:03 pm

very nice thanks!
Hi I'm Mike. Checkout my source code, projects and work here and let me know what you think.

Feel free to also upload and submit your code/projects there for all to see and find!
Mike.Adams
Developer
Developer

Re: "Car Home"-like launcher menu for your own app

Postby Janlysoft » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 am

These car leased organizations are efficient and also provide driver. One of the benefits about this assistance is that the automobiles provided by these organizations are state-of-the-art and managed incredibly well by them.
Janlysoft
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Code Snippets for Android