Best Workflow for Panasonic P2 MXF footage and Da Vinci Resolve on Mac
"I want toconvert some Panasonic P2 footages to Avid DNxHD mov as a Digital Intermediate, so that I can import these P2 footages into Da Vinci Resolve for color grading and mastering. Is there any program can work quickly and effortlessly on this?"
DaVinci Resolve, when launched in 2004, was clearly a next-generation color grading system and the first system to use multiple parallel processing engines within normal PC computer infrastructure for real time 2K resolution color grading. Powered at launch by da Vinci’s proprietary hardware cards, known as PowerPlant cards, Resolve delivered real time HD and up to 4K resolution non-linear color grading.
DaVinci Resolve was the first scalable color grading system offering multiple levels of acceleration, features and capabilities, providing colorists with exacting and intuitive color control over static or moving objects. Resolve scaled lower-resolution SD and DV formats to HD, 2K and 4K without compromising quality by using proprietary da Vinci engineered Transformer technology.
However, DaVinci is extremely picky on what codec it will accept as an XML from any non linear editing programs. It really becomes a pain if you need to edit your P2 MXF footages in Da Vinci Resolve in Avid ANxHD codec.
Rejoice, mates, Rejoice. For there's finally being a solution that does what it says it's supposed to do. Come and meet this Panasonic P2 MXF Converter for Mac which would be a vital part of your workflow.
Guys, follow this link to order a license directly, or free download a trial version.
PS: If you are running Windows, Pavtube MXF Converter is the best choice.
How to convert Panasonic P2 MXF to DNxHD MOV for DaVinci Resolve on Mac?
1. Connect your Panasonic P2 Camcorder to Mac with USB cable. Run this Panasonic P2 MXF Converter for Mac, click the "Add video" button to load mxf videos; or click "Add from folder" to load the entire folder.
2. Click "Format" and choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov)" as the best output format for editing Panasonci P2 MXF video in Da Vinci Resolve.
You can also click "Settings" to set up frame rate, video quality, bitrate and check the generated file size.
3. Click "Convert" and let it go! It will help to shut down computer if you have many videos to convert.
3..2..1..Bingo! Ok now you can click "Open" to locate your converted MXF videos and load it to Da Vinci Resolve.
In addition, you can also refer to this guide to learn about How to import video files to Avid MC?.
1. Refer to here to get more step-by-step guide of how to work with Panasonic footages and MXF videos on mac.
2. This Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac could also convert Panasonic P2 MXF footages to various format for nonlinear editing programs such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie/FCE, Adobe Premiere.
Panasonic Related Articles:
Using P2 AVC-Intra 50/100 MXF in FCP
Import Panasonic AG-HPX600 P2 MXF to FCP
Panasonic AG-HPX170/HPX171 MXF to iMovie/FCE
Transcode Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 MXF to Avid
Convert Panasonic P2 MXF to Quicktime MOV
Transcode AG-HVX200 MXF to FCP 6/7
Convert P2 MXF to AVI/WMV/MP4
Convert AG-HPX 600 MXF to iMovie/FCE
Transfer Panasonic AJ-HPX3100 P2 MXF to FCP
Source: Trouble working with P2 MXF files in Da Vinci Resolve