Android connectivity with oracle database

Quickly share your Android Code Snippets here...

Android connectivity with oracle database

Postby yaryan997 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 am

HI.. anddev.org group members.

I am very new android development framework. I am developing and application in that I had to communicate with my Oracle database running on the tomcat apache server. and want to read all records from the database and need to update or delete any record.

Actually I am able to connect my android apps with mysql with using the php script.. So can anyone give me the right way to make successful connection with oracle database by using some script that I used in php script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Yogendra
yaryan997
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Android connectivity with oracle database

Postby Openxcell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:49 am

yaryan997 wrote:HI.. anddev.org group members.

I am very new android development framework. I am developing and application in that I had to communicate with my Oracle database running on the tomcat apache server. and want to read all records from the database and need to update or delete any record.

Actually I am able to connect my android apps with mysql with using the php script.. So can anyone give me the right way to make successful connection with oracle database by using some script that I used in php script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Yogendra

Create a web service for your database in front end, that protects database server. Same web service use as your mobile application.
Openxcell
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Code Snippets for Android