Nexus One: Cannot delete ANYTHING, uninstall, ... ARGH!

Discuss the variety of Android powered devices from various manufacturers.

Nexus One: Cannot delete ANYTHING, uninstall, ... ARGH!

Postby 3phemeral » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:09 am

Hi,
I've got a Nexus One which has been behaving strangely for a while now - it started by displaying the 'Low on space' warning, after which I can't uninstall or install apps, clear cache, delete messages, or in any other way free up memory. Settings are also not stored after a reboot. When I 'delete' an app, it reappears in the installed apps list after a reboot, so it isn't actually deleted! The 'Low space warning' remains visible no matter how many apps I try to delete, again confirming it's not actually deleting anything.

The phone lists the available space as:
Internal phone storage: available space 6.98MB

I can't even start the messaging app now (and it doesn't show a force close window), can't sync my mail with gmail, after making a call the process 'phone stopped unexpectedly', etc. Basically, the phone is unpredictable in its behavior now and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it...

I've uploaded the logcat output from when I tried to uninstall the 'Alchemy' app to: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1313386/logcat% ... lchemy.txt, which says 'Couldn't remove app data or cache directory for package: me.zed_0xff.android.alchemy, retcode=-1' despite displaying a successful uninstall message.

This is the second time this has happened with the same device; the first I resorted to a complete reset of the device (losing all my apps, messages, ...), but would really like to avoid that now, as I've got several message and some data I wouldn't want to lose.

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated!
------------------
Device: Nexus One running Android 2.2.1 build FRG83D
3phemeral
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Android Devices