What's with all the spam?

General Android Books.
Also feel free to comment, improve and contribute to AndBook, the free Android Learners book.

What's with all the spam?

Postby monkeymofo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm new to Android development and finding anddev.org to be a great resource as I learn the basics and hopefully delve deeper into the more advanced topics.

I subscribe to the RSS feed as I like to see new posts as they appear, etc, but the amount of spam (only in the Books section?) is rather annoying and makes going through my feeds a bit of a drudge. Is there some way to put a halt to the spam? Maybe a captcha when submitting new posts?
monkeymofo
Freshman
Freshman

Re: What's with all the spam?

Postby WesleyVernon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks for your sharing. It looks very good, I agree with what you said
Last edited by WesleyVernon on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
WesleyVernon
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Schermvlieger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 am

I'd rather not see capchas implemented with every post, but maybe when starting a new thread? Also, I believe registering as a new user may be made a bit more difficult: see this new user "lzj87980239" who obviously was generated automatically.
Schermvlieger
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby blundell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

There is a captcha first post after you login, most spam user's have now been blocked but the human ones remain. If you report the post's we'll do our best to remove them!
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Android Books