I recently synced my iPhone 4 (OS 4.1) with my computer for the first time and accidentally deleted many photos and videos on the phone that i would very much like to get back. Is there some sort of software out there, paid or free, that will let me recover these files without jail breaking my phone?
Lost iPhone data has been a common phenomenon on iPhone users. If you have made a backup with iTunes or iCloud, then you can perform free iPhone data recovery.
Way 1: Restore iPhone backup Files from iTunes
Usually, every time you connect your iPhone to computer, iTunes automatically syncs iPhone with computer, at the same time a copy of your iPhone data will be automatically created. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.
1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. And open iTunes.
2. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup. Otherwise, press Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
3. Select Restore From Backup.
4. Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.
Way 2: Restore iPhone Data from iCloud
If you already have an iCloud backup, it's also very easy to restore your iPhone from iCloud have no need of free iPhone data recovery software.
1. Your iPhone data can be restored from iCloud when setting up a new device, or after erasing all data from a device using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
2. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into the charger.
3. Select the option Restore From iCloud Backup.
4. Enter your iCloud account and password.
5. Choose the recent backup you wish to restore to your iPhone.
Enter any passwords required when prompted.
6. You will see a progress bar as iCloud restores your data. When this is complete, iCloud will begin to download apps. Your iPhone should do this for your automatically. If you need a specific app first, tap its icon to move it ahead in the queue. To check if the restore is finished, navigate to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup.
However, not all iPhone users remember to back up their data to iTunes and iCloud. And the backup file from iTunes can't be viewed and it will erase all contents of your iPhone when restoring. In addition, when restore data from iCloud, you can't restore parts of data selectively. The best way is to get a free iPhone data recovery program to help you to preview all the contents and restore them selectively.
You also can learn:
1. iPhone data recovery- 3 simple steps to recover iPhone Data
2. Use iTunes data recovery to recover lost data from iTunes.
3. iPhone/iPad data recovery- How to Recover iPhone /iPad lost data
Youtube video use guides to recover iPhone lost data: