computer & internet

General Android Books.
Also feel free to comment, improve and contribute to AndBook, the free Android Learners book.

computer & internet

Postby ujjaladi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:23 am

How do I used my computer internet through my cell phone? I want my phone to connect to my home computer's internet connection using a USB dongle, can it be done, if so how? I am already able to send/receive files to the phone/computer using the bluetooth.
Last edited by ujjaladi on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ujjaladi
Freshman
Freshman

Re: computer & internet

Postby RosaSmile » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 am

Here in the states, Newegg is generally the way to go. There are a few others, but none have the wide selection that they do. Do you know of any popular online retailers in Europe that will ship parts to where you live?

What I would go for in that price range:

-Intel Core i5 3570k (ivy bridge)
-A solid z77-based motherboard by a good manufacturer (Asus, MSi, Gigabyte, Asrock....Biostar makes great value boards too but their features can be skimp)
-8 gb of RAM (2x4gb kit) anything more than this is overkill usually and kits of this type can be obtained relatively cheaply, again good manufacturers (corsair, gskill, crucial, kingston, mushkin)
-for video card you can go a bunch of different ways depending on how much you want to spend: there's the nvidia gtx 560 Ti that is still good and can be had for $100-$150 less than the newer nvidia gtx 6xx and radeon 7xxx series, there's nvidia gtx 670 that's a bit pricier, but also very powerful, and then there's the radeon hd 7950 that is just below the 670 in price and performance
-i would get a 64gb-128gb SSD Sata III boot drive from a quality manufacturer again (my picks would be either the crucial m4, samsung 830, or intel 330/520, i don't trust ocz as a company tbh, kingston hyperX series is also good too though)
-then get a 1tb+ storage drive for all your files, a mechanical one. in terms of reliability, i think western digital > seagate, but you can make your choice, the problem with mechanical drives nowadays is their price, they've gone up considerably in just a year while SSDs have gone considerably down
-for the case, i would get a cooler master one, they just can't be beat in terms of quality and price in my opinion, my favorite is the HAF 912, but there is also the CM690II which is a bit more expensive, but also more feature-rich, after buying other cases from different manufacturers in the past, i don't think i'll ever buy a case that isn't from Cooler master (or CM storm, its subsidiary)
-for the power supply, don't cheap out, wattage ratting isn't what you should necessarily be looking for here. For your build, 650w to 750w should be more than enough. I would get at least one with a 80+ bronze rating, but would encourage you to get one that's rated gold (higher efficiency), again though get one from a quality manufacturer because there are cheap ones out there that can potentially go bad quicker and maybe even damage components (i would consider corsair, cooler master, seasonic, antec, and maybe ocz), also look for ones that have a single +12v rail so that you don't get into issues with too many amps on one rail, etc.

Logo Designers|Logo Designing
RosaSmile
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: computer & internet

Postby nancyandroid » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 am

it differs from phone to phone you need a data cable and the dialup number of your service provider to connect on 2 g networks
nancyandroid
Developer
Developer

Return to Android Books