Transparent Views?

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

Transparent Views?

Postby Gezh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi all. I'm new here, and have been learning Android dev for a couple of months; I now need to improve my graphical skills.

One of my common solutions for graphical layouts has, so far, been using a FrameLayout. For example, I'll have a background view, which may be an image, then another view on top which may have the moving parts to the game, like a rolling ball. The background of the top view will be set to Color.INVISIBLE so that you can see the other views, or frames, behind it.

However with OpenGL I'm not having such luck. I've looked at a few examples, but can't achieve the same thing. The background is always black (or blank) and I haven't successfully combined an OpenGl view with any others.

Can this be done, and if so, I would appreciate some pointers!

Thanks.
Gezh
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Gezh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 am

Hmm. Looking through this forum, I have seen about 5 posts asking pretty much the same question, none of which have an answer. I'll take it that it can't be done - but that seems unlikely to me.

If anyone does have any experience with this I really would appreciate some comments...
Gezh
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Patton » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 am

Is there any chance to draw a 50% transparent, 50% smaller (than screen) view with some controls/buttons, over a GLSurfaceView without creating a new activity? Someone mentioned it can be done with Dialogs?
Patton
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials