Sufaceview Flicker

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

Sufaceview Flicker

Postby digitaloranges.com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to android (but not to programming) and I'm working with Mr Snowflakes game skeleton Surfaceview code which I've integrated into my app.

The threading works and I'm buildiing my code on top if the example Surfaceview code, but I'm experiencing flickering when I draw my view (in the onDraw function). I've done a little research and it looks like it's something to do with the buffering of the view.

My app needs to be a Surface (so I've been led to believe) as it's quite heavy on the graphics, but it's useless if I can't get rid of the flicker!

Has anyone else had this problem or come up with a workaround? I was going great guns with my development until this cropped up and I'm stumped!
digitaloranges.com
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Sufaceview Flicker

Postby Barmaleikin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 am

digitaloranges.com wrote:The threading works and I'm buildiing my code on top if the example Surfaceview code, but I'm experiencing flickering when I draw my view (in the onDraw function). I've done a little research and it looks like it's something to do with the buffering of the view.

Well, the regular way to get rid of flickering is to use double buffering - build your image in memory and only blit it to SV in onDraw when the image is ready to be shown.
Barmaleikin
Freshman
Freshman

Postby WarrenFaith » Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm

I experienced the same problem, but only on the edge of my surfaceview.... http://www.anddev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6139
if you have any solution for this, please share it with me!
WarrenFaith

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials