Please Assist With Initial Setup

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

Please Assist With Initial Setup

Postby netvampire » Fri May 01, 2009 1:59 am

Hello,
Can someone please help me.

I have been working on developing a game for the android for quite some time now. It has been coming along well.
I initally used the LunarLander game source as a template and did something similar where i created my own view class that extends Surface View. Then in that class I created a Thread that handles drawing the graphics and such on the screen.

I recently decided I would like to create some neat-effects using OpenGL. The effects involve rending 3D shapes on the screen. I have searched through a lot of the OpenGL code and I understand how they have been able to render a cube on the screen based on the examples. However, How is it possible for me to provide both OpenGL 3d rendering and the traditional thread-surfaceview_draw stuff that I have going on?

Assistance would be very appreciated. Thank You.
netvampire
Freshman
Freshman

Postby netvampire » Sat May 02, 2009 11:23 pm

to help clarify what i am asking for assistance with:

using android 1.5 how can I integrate a simple game-thread to also draw onto a canvas while rendering some opengl graphics?

Please assist.
netvampire
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials