Learning OpenGL

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

Learning OpenGL

Postby plusminus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:58 pm

Hey guys,

what follows is link to a very good common OpenGL Tutorial, even for very beginners.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Start your very first lesson here: :arrow: http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=01

Some impressions:
Image Image Image

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eugenk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi guys ! I have just find cool resource !
http://www.imgtec.com/PowerVR/insider/t ... /index.asp

It is C/C++ OpenGL ES 1.X SDK with sample code and tutorials ! It intended for various ARM-platforms, but Windows XP and i386 Linux emulators also available ! Free download after registration ! It is much and much better, that learn usual OpenGL and guess about how to make up OpenGL code to work on our favorite phone :) Wait for new OpenGL tutorials and hints at soon ! :)
eugenk
Developer
Developer

Postby JOKe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 pm

eugenk wrote:Hi guys ! I have just find cool resource !
http://www.imgtec.com/PowerVR/insider/t ... /index.asp

It is C/C++ OpenGL ES 1.X SDK with sample code and tutorials ! It intended for various ARM-platforms, but Windows XP and i386 Linux emulators also available ! Free download after registration ! It is much and much better, that learn usual OpenGL and guess about how to make up OpenGL code to work on our favorite phone :) Wait for new OpenGL tutorials and hints at soon ! :)

Can you show me how to download this tutorials ??
I am a new to game/open gl development and i'v registered to this site but I cant find the Open GL tutorials download section. The normal OpenGL tutorials use glBegin and glEnd which are not included in Android/GL1.0 so I will like to use Open GL ES tutorials from this site.
Can you help me ? or send them to me if they are removed from the site ?
JOKe
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby YoFrankie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 am

http://nehe.gamedev.net/lesson.asp?index=01 is some kind of useless as the most important methods shown in that tutorial aren't part of opengl es.... isn't there any opengl es tutorial?!
YoFrankie
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby WarrenFaith » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 am

I am currently writing a series about how to learn opengl es. You can start here :arrow: Android 3D Game Tutorial - Part I
WarrenFaith

Postby Davidthefat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:20 am

Nehe is a great resource, I suggest OpenGL SuperBible though, since its an actual book, but its just geared toward the graphics only, not game specific, also goes into OpenGL Es
Davidthefat
Freshman
Freshman

Postby r3dknight » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Good ole Nehe
and back then you also had GameTutorials who also have great Opengl tuts before they when commercial

Have been doing Opengl for a very long time now.... :lol:
r3dknight
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Learning OpenGL

Postby xiaor186 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh,I come here first and found it very great.I'm a developer for one year in android,nice meeting everyone here.
xiaor186
Freshman
Freshman

Postby maverickARM » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 am

i really hope game developing tutorial like this will be often...
maverickARM
Freshman
Freshman

Postby juliousraj » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 pm

When i first saw nehe.gamedev.net i got frustrated.But after saw the content I got surprised.I never seen such a great site for OpenGL
juliousraj
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ishak » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:58 am

i am a c and c++ developer and i want to develop a opengl application using android ndk.Can some one tell me how to do this with a proprt example or any reference site.I have checked the sample code san-angles and hello gl-2 given in android-ndk setup but can't understand.
ishak
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby anniedulce » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:31 pm

This tutorial is amazing how to download this tutorial can you provide me the like for downloading
Rizecorp Android Development, Android Mobile Apps
anniedulce
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby WalterReid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am

Hi all,

I've been putting together a series of tutorials for Android game developers in the hope that it can be of some use to the community! The site is http://androidgametutorials.com - So far I've put together NeHe lessons 2-9,11,16. They currently work as live wallpaper as well, so learning to use android and getting something up and running on the device should be a breeze.

Anyway, the site again is http://androidgametutorials.com!
WalterReid
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Sagar jacky » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm

I wanted to learn OpenGL from long before but frankly speaking I was not able to find a good tutorial for the same. I had an initial look on the tutorial and had a great experience as of now and hope to continue the support from you. Windows 8 problems for hp, vaio laptops
Sagar jacky
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Next

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials