High level API for 3D?

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

High level API for 3D?

Postby KennetRose » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 am

Hallo, I"m working right now on a 3D application and I would like to offer the app on an android phone as well as on the dektop. Do the Android platform have a high level API for 3D applications like Java3D or JME? If not, do you all really developing only with the low level OpenGL ES?v__________________________
mother of the bride dress
discount wedding dress
mother of the groom dress
Last edited by KennetRose on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KennetRose
Developer
Developer

Re: High level API for 3D?

Postby jonbonazza » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 am

OGRE3D is being ported to android, but other than that, there isn't really anything that I know of.
jonbonazza
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby MichaelEGR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:06 am

I'm angling on releasing a new middleware platform that rides on top of Android and the desktop J2SE environment for real time app & game dev. I've been at it a while porting over the platform from J2SE since I got my hands on the G1 a couple years ago. Android has certainly caused a year+ of innovation and modifying the platform to best target the whole Android ecosystem in addition to the desktop. The plan is to have 1st public betas out Q1 with a full launch forthcoming later this year once I get back to work on it full time (re day job right now until Feb; late as May).

The platform is called TyphonRT and the biggest difference between it and other similar efforts is that TyphonRT is component oriented at the platform level and provides a full component oriented API for app dev including a fully featured entity system. I've been prepping TyphonRT in the release engineering stages for a bit now and am close to the initial private beta release stage (I'll let you know Jon! ;P).

Another cross-platform Java based engine to watch is libgdx. libgdx is the closest thing to TyphonRT without all the component oriented aspects found in TyphonRT.

Anyway.. If you are interested in receiving updates on TyphonRT release then email me at the contact address found here:
http://www.typhonrt.org/
Founder & Principal Architect; EGR Software LLC
http://www.typhonrt.org
http://www.egrsoftware.com
MichaelEGR
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby angry127 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm

I've been using libgdx for 2d game development. I'm very excited about typhonrt as it would be nice to have better high level 3d support that libgdx does not offer while still being able to run your app as a J2SE app as well as Android.
angry127
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby abhilashpujari » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 am

anybody know how to use 3d effects to google map route..?!
abhilashpujari
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials