DroidGaming - An easier way to make games.

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

DroidGaming - An easier way to make games.

Postby MrSnowflake » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:43 pm

I've made a little gaming library, which lets you setup your own game in a couple of secs. Instead of dealing with the Android code itself, you extend DroidGamingActivity, make a DroidGamingListener and register that listener to the DroidGamingThread and you're all set for some magic :).

Check my SnowServices the DroidGaming is available as a jar and in the svn is a DroidGamingExample activity. Try it out.

NOTE: It's pretty basic now, but I'm aiming to have it contain a SceneManager and that kind of stuff, but for now I'm only interested in 2D gaming :).
MrSnowflake

examples?

Postby mustafakidd » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Have any examples for using the DroidGaming.jar?

mmas
mustafakidd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Umh yes, DroidGamingExample in the SVN. I'm still updating DroidGaming and it should have built-in sprite support, layers (scrolling layers and such), automated drawing, ... Though that's not going to be released soon.
MrSnowflake

...examples revisited

Postby mustafakidd » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Sorry the only reason I ask is because the example I see contains references to DroidGamingThread while the jar I downloaded does not -- should I just download the DroidGaming source and compile my own jar? If so, my mistake. :)
mustafakidd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Hmm, I believe DroidGamingView has a DroidGamingThread as inner class.

At this moment, the public version of DroidGaming is just a little more advanced version of my 2D Tutorial.
MrSnowflake

Postby wfsaxton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am

I download the source for both the library and the example and got the programming working fine.

When I just use the DroidGaming.jar and example source in a project, however, I get:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : eu.MrSnowflake.android.droidgamingexample.DroidGamingExample

I wonder if you can't package a jar within a .apk file?
wfsaxton
Freshman
Freshman

Postby wfsaxton » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:50 am

MrSnowflake, are you still around? I sent you a PM a few days ago.

Anyway, I'm using DroidGaming as a basis for my 2d game and noticed that key events don't register all of the time. For example

Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  2. public boolean onFrameStart(DroidGamingThread parent, GameEvent event) {
  4. if (event.keysDown[KeyEvent.KEYCODE_SPACE]) {
  6.             //Do something
  8.         }
  10. .
  12. .
  14. }
Parsed in 0.031 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

I find that sometimes, when I hit the space bar, "//Do something" never gets executed.

Thoughts?
wfsaxton
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:23 am

Well, I made this 'framework' a couple of months ago and I wanted to make a 2D gaming framework out of this, but my focus changed to another project (which is still underway). Also I don not have good 2D games experience, so I left DroidGaming alone.

As for your question, I have no idea why the space doesn't register, as I haven't been in the code for months.

wfsaxton wrote:I download the source for both the library and the example and got the programming working fine.

When I just use the DroidGaming.jar and example source in a project, however, I get:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : eu.MrSnowflake.android.droidgamingexample.DroidGamingExample

I wonder if you can't package a jar within a .apk file?
DroidGaming might have been compiled with v0.9 so it might not work in 1.0/1.1
MrSnowflake

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials