Advice needed (2d Surfaces)

Tutorials concerning the OpenGL® ES cross-platform API for full-function 2D and 3D graphics on the Google-Android platform.

Advice needed (2d Surfaces)

Postby Mactm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Hello Everyone, Id like to introduce myself as a Student who is currently learning all sorts of languages.

I would say I am most comfortable in C# and have previously made the classic game snake in visual studio. Below I have attached a picture of what the game looked like.

My intentions are to emulate this game on the Android.

The advice I am in need of is some sort of tutorial that would help me do this. The method I had was a 80*80 array representing the entire games display. For example, the Snake could be of length 3 and would occupy the elements [0,1],[0,2],[0,3] and the rest of the elements would be the the background of the game. So when I displayed this, I checked each array element, if there was a a snake there I would draw a red square, and if there was no snake there I would draw a blue square. Thus creating the game.

So far i have no real knowledge of OpenGL, so far on my android application I have managed to fill the entire screen a solid colour, but the problem I am having is finding a suitable tutorial for the scenario I need it for.

Any advice or links is HUGELY appreciated.

I thank you all in advance

Mactm
Mactm
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Advice needed (2d Surfaces)

Postby IronChef253 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 am

Well...

If your intent is to arrive at a "snake" game you should just look in the standard samples that come with android. They have already included version of exactly this game so all your problems are solved.

http://developer.android.com/resources/ ... index.html
IronChef253
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Tutorials