Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - XOR the pixel values of two bitmaps together?

XOR the pixel values of two bitmaps together?

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

XOR the pixel values of two bitmaps together?

Postby monstermunch » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm

I have some bitmap A which I modify to produce bitmap B. I want to efficiently produce a bitmap D by XORing the pixels values of A and B together such that D XOR A produces bitmap B and D XOR B produces bitmap A. The reason I need this is to store the differences between the bitmaps so I can reverse changes that I've made later.

So far I've tried:

1. Drawing A onto B with a paint object that I've called .setXfermode(new PorterDuffXfermode(PorterDuff.Mode.XOR)) on. This works when the alpha of A and B is 255 everywhere but anything below produces undesirable results. If I XOR A onto A, for example, I'd expect the result to be a blank image. With this xfer mode, most of A will disappear but the parts without full alpha will remain.

2. Drawing A onto B with a paint object that I've called .setXfermode(new PixelXorXfermode(0)) on. This xfer mode destroys alpha values, which isn't what I want. I'm also not sure what useful things I can set the constructor value to.

What can I do? I need something that will treat the pixel values as plain values and not treat the alpha values as a special case. I need this to be fairly fast (like the above paint types are) and using something like setpixel/getpixel or doing the calculations myself in a byte[] will be far too slow.

Thanks.
monstermunch
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems