Using Textures Over Again

Problems with Canvas, OpenGL, etc...

Using Textures Over Again

Postby dslamb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 am

Hello All,

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. I am using a G1 running android 1.6 for testing. I've got my code working fine so that I can load a model with textures and materials, and it seems to be running fine. However, when I use the same texture on different parts of the model all I get are white faces. The file originated from a collada file that went through collada refinery to fix the axis and indices.

Edit:
After working a bit more, the problem seems to be when I have more than one texture and use it on more than one face. This isn't a problem if I use several textures uniquely on each face. For example, I have a building with 4 walls, roof, and floor. If I put a texture on wall #1 and the roof, and a texture on wall #2, the texture on wall #2 shows up but nothing on #1 and the roof.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,
David
dslamb
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Using Textures Over Again

Postby dslamb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:51 am

Nevermind, the issue was that Sketchup was exporting power of 2 textures in one scenario, and then non-power of 2 textures in the other scenario. Any recommendations on how to handle that, other than manually changing the textures and texture coordinates?

Cheers,
David
dslamb
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Android 2D/3D Graphics - OpenGL Problems