Can the Android-based Nook Tablet play iTunes M4V movies?
iTunes movies to Nook Tablet - Transfer/Put/Play iTunes videos to Nook Tablet via Mac
Nook Tablet and iTunes – Is it possible to transfer movies already bought and downloaded from Itunes/mac computer to my new Nook Tablet? If so. how?
Yes, it is a piece of cake. You just need a third-party tool to remove DRM from iTunes and switch M4V to MP4 format supported by Nook Tablet. The tutorial below explains “Why” and “How”.
Why can’t we directly copy and play iTunes M4V movies or some songs(AAC Audio File) on Nook Tablet from the Mac computer?
The reason here is DRM(Digital rights management). The thing about movies and TV shows videos from iTunes is, that they’re all DRM-protected. DRM copy protection is great as an anti-piracy technology, but it often punishes consumers that have legally purchased media. For regular Mac users, DRM could be a dirty trick constraining us to everything Apple: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, ATV and keeps you from using those videos on any non-Apple devices. Unfortunately the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means iTunes M4V movies will not even play on an Android tablet (Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, Xoom, Thrive, Asus Transformer Prime) or smartphone (Droid Bionic, Galaxy S2).
How to get rid of DRM restriction from iTunes M4V movies for Nook Tablet Playback on Mac OS?
To make this(Watch iTunes m4v movie on Nook Tablet without issues) happen, we need to get some help from third-party softwares. There are many programs out there allow us to strip DRM from iTunes m4v movies and change M4V to MP4 or something else compatible with Android-based Tablets. A recommended one here is ChewTune for Mac. Speically designed for avid consumers of multimedia who use Mac OS and iTunes, the iTunes m4v converter for Mac will make free iTunes movies yet Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy out of DRM-protected contents and let you watch the movie the way you want. While the playback of the converted iTunes movies is smooth and decent as possible as original. Here’s how I did to get iTunes M4V purchases into DRM-free .mp4 files:
Before conversion, follow Apple Support to set my iTunes to 32bit on your Mac OS X Lion system so as to ensure older M4V media files be converted all right. The ChewTune app also requires you to set iTunes not to remember playback position.
1. Download and run the Mac iTunes m4v to Nook Tablet Converter on OS X Lion, and put in password for user account as it requires.
2. Press the “Add” icon to browse to iTunes library movie folder. In Finder window, open Music-> iTunes-> iTunes Media-> specific movie folder-> single .m4v file, and then press on “Choose” to select one you want to convert.
3. Set .mp4 format from the drop-down list of “Format” boarder. Here I recommend you select “Nook Color (*.mp4)” in “Android” category. This profile is specially designed for Nook color, but still suitable for Nook tablet.
4. Press the big “Convert” to start converting iTunes M4V media to DRM-free MP4 videos for Nook Tablet on Mac Lion. The conversion took quite a while, a little slower than I was expecting, but the final output was stellar, almost as good as the original iTunes M4V movie. And BTW, iTunes pops up automatically when conversion starts. Leave it be and don’t close iTunes till conversion completes.
So there you have it. Pretty simple. Now just transfer drm-free iTunes m4v files to Nook Tablet for playback anytime and everywhere.
More Movie-Entertainment Tips about Nook Tablet:
* Play Digital Copy movies on Nook Color Tablet
* View iTunes protected M4V movies on Nook Tablet
* Donwload AVI videos to Nook Tablet for playback
* Rip Blu-ray movies for Playback with Nook Tablet
* Watch DVD ISO movies on Nook Tablet
* Put DVD Movies on Nook Tablet
* Experience Recorded TV shows(*.tivo) with Nook Tablet
* Enjoy/playing vob videos on Nook Tablet